As the temperature continues to rise, it’s no secret we find ourselves reaching for our air-conditioner remote to beat the heat.
Throughout the hot summer months, air-conditioners almost become a necessity here in North Queensland.
This luxury does come with a costly price, which has the ability to take us by complete surprise. The harsh reality of our summer power bill is often an accurate reflection of our homes maximised use of air-conditioners.
Fortunately, this doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your comfort this summer in fear of your next power bill. Through careful consideration and sensible behaviour, you can significantly help reduce your electricity costs.
If you still have box air-conditioners installed in your home, it is highly recommended to have these replaced with a split system. Split systems are energy efficient which means they are significantly cheaper to run than box air-conditioners, and they will make you substantial savings.
Whether you’re considering purchasing air-conditioners for your home for the first time, or simply upgrading, it’s essential to select an energy efficient system that is the right size for your home.
Energy efficiency is one of the most important factors to successfully reduce your air-conditioner running costs.
Daikin air-conditioners are not only energy efficient, but they are also reliable, providing you with peace of mind in your investment.
“Daikin split systems are the most economical on the market” said Horan & Bird Director, John Horan.
“They have an intelligent eye system which is a built in infrared motion sensor.
If no activity is detected in a room, the air-conditioner automatically changes to energy -efficient mode and can even switch off if required”.
Here at Horan & Bird we offer only the best quality and trusted brands.
You can count on us to design and install an air-conditioning system suited directly to your requirements.
Our team has extensive experience and knowledge that will guarantee you receive the right advice, the first time.
Types of air-conditioners
Split systems are significantly quieter than box-air conditioners and they will help reduce your electricity bill.
There are several types of split systems available:
- Split system: These systems are versatile and have very limited noise.
- Inverter multi-system: Multiple indoor units can be connected to one outdoor inverter rather than several inverters.
- Ducted system: This is a fully integrated unit for cooling a home.
Box air-conditioners are generally cheaper to purchase than split systems, however they are more expensive to run. Unlike split systems, box air-conditioners are quite noisy and often cause wall vibration.
Important factors to consider when purchasing or upgrading an air-conditioner:
- Energy efficiency
- Selecting the correct size for your home
Be smart, be sensible and save!
- Temperature: It is recommended to set your air-conditioner at 25 degrees Celsius during summer. You’ll be surprised at the savings you can make by simply selecting the right temperature.
- Switch it off: If no one’s home or using the room, don’t forget to turn your air-conditioners off.
- Fans: Consider using fans to keep cool.
- Maintenance: It’s important to maintain your air-conditioners regularly.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call our office on 1300 467 262.