- Trade your Solar with your family and friends at prices that suits you.
- Buy solar energy at prices that makes you happy.
- Trade solar energy anonymously with anyone in our community (in the same state)
- Our customers that rent and don’t have solar can purchase solar energy from our community.
- Our Businesses with multiple branches can share solar between branches.
- Our Farmers can share their solar between different pumps and electricity accounts (must be the same Energy Retailer).
- Sporting Clubs and Not for Profits can share their solar with their members.
- Your business can share your solar to your own home or to your staff when you are not using the solar like on weekends or on public holidays.
- Business can share their solar with their customers to build loyalty.
- Guarantee a Solar Feed in Tariff (FIT) for your solar.
How Does it Work?
To be able to share energy you must be in the same state and be connected to the same Energy Retailer.
The Powertracer algorithm is fair and matches the lowest offer with the highest bid first, and then cascades down through the community to the sell and buy prices in the middle of the range. This rewards the most generous community members with the best allocations of traded energy, but allows for a single market price for everyone.
To enable to trade solar Peer to Peer, we still have to use the Poles and Wires, and Networks such as Ergon, Ausgrid & Powercor, who will still charge you for this. For example, Ergon will charge on those costs, and they pass that on. However, the gamechanger will be the introduction of Local Use of System (LUOS) tariffs which is being trailed by networks around Australia such as CitiPower in Victoria. LUOS will enable customers connected in the same neighborhoods, to pay a fraction of those network charges.
Founder & Manager of Horan & Bird Energy. Director of Master Electricians Australia. John has played a key entrepreneurial role in the transformation of the Energy Landscape in Queensland having founded Horan & Bird in 2004 and building it to a $35 Million Business. The business was then sold, repurchased and merged with Juice Capital in 2020. Juice Capital own one of the largest renewable energy funds in Australia and allow customers to go solar and batteries for no up front capital through Power Purchase Agreements.