New Year’s Energy Efficient Resolutions
Another year is upon us already and again, we find ourselves making new resolutions. From vowing to become fit and healthy or aiming to spend more quality time with friends and family, the thought of becoming energy efficient probably isn’t one that springs to mind. With a range of great advantages, including both environmental and economical, it’s a wonder more people don’t seriously consider it. You can guarantee that the decision to improve your energy efficiency around the household will be a resolution worth sticking to!
Not only will you be doing your valuable part in helping our environment and contributing to a cleaner and greener future, but you’ll also be able to enjoy the significant savings on your power bill. This could be extra money in your pocket to spend on your other resolutions!
Here are a few energy efficient tips to consider around your household this New Year:
- Replace inefficient appliances and lighting: If your homes refrigerators, dishwashers and other appliances aren’t performing up to standard, chances are they’re drastically increasing your energy use and it’s time to consider new ones. Additionally, LED lighting is extremely energy efficient and will make you substantial savings.
- Consider upgrading: When was the last time you checked if any of your electrical equipment required upgrading? New and improved products will maximise performance and savings and they also ensure the safety of your home and family.
- Make the Solar Switch: Slash your power bill with solar! Solar will allow you to enjoy substantial savings for the long-term and you will be able to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Prepare your home for the Cyclone Season: It’s important to take every measure possible to keep your home and family safe in such an unfortunate weather event. Ensure you take any required action to help prevent equipment damage too. Cyclones have the ability to cause serious electrical hazards which is why it’s crucial to follow the appropriate safety precautions at all times.
- Stay Smart: Be aware of your energy usage and consider setting yourself a goal to successfully reduce it. Simple things such as turning off lights when no one is in the room all make a significant difference.
These tips are just a few helpful suggestions on how you can successfully improve your overall energy efficiency. Don’t let rising electricity costs stress you out this year- make some changes around your home today and start enjoying the savings!
Don’t forget to share these energy saving tips and tricks with your family and friends to help them beat their power bills too. Let’s Go Green in 2015!
Shonice is Horan & Bird’s Marketing Executive. She graduated from UQ with a Bachelor of Business Management, majoring in Marketing and has been a part of the H&B team for 12 months. When Shonice isn’t managing H&B’s Marketing, she enjoys being active or kicking back with a Margarita.