Townsville, North Queensland
Horan and Bird wanted to create a unique feature for Townsville that would aid Townsville in retaining the V8 super cars event in 2013 along with:
- Remove the electricity consumption of the building.
- Create the first Carbon Neutral V8 racing event on the racing calendar.
- Create a land mark signature “TSV” that would last for decades and would be showcased to the rest of Australia.
- 40 x 250W Trina Panels
- 1 x 10kW SMA inverter
- Townsville regained the V8 supercar series.
- This solar system offsets the entire carbon emissions produced by every car that raced over the 2 days.
- So far since May 2013 the system has produced 17962 kwH’s. The savings 17962 kwH x $0.3 cents = $5388.60 in electricity.
Founder & Manager of Horan & Bird Energy. Director of Master Electricians Australia. John has played a key entrepreneurial role in the transformation of the Energy Landscape in Queensland having founded Horan & Bird in 2004 and building it to a $35 Million Business. The business was then sold, repurchased and merged with Juice Capital in 2020. Juice Capital own one of the largest renewable energy funds in Australia and allow customers to go solar and batteries for no up front capital through Power Purchase Agreements.