Townsville, North Queensland
Horan and Bird wanted to create a unique feature for Townsville that would aid Townsville in retaining the V8 super cars event in 2013 along with:
- Remove the electricity consumption of the building.
- Create the first Carbon Neutral V8 racing event on the racing calendar.
- Create a land mark signature “TSV” that would last for decades and would be showcased to the rest of Australia.
- 40 x 250W Trina Panels
- 1 x 10kW SMA inverter
- Townsville regained the V8 supercar series.
- This solar system offsets the entire carbon emissions produced by every car that raced over the 2 days.
- So far since May 2013 the system has produced 17962 kwH’s. The savings 17962 kwH x $0.3 cents = $5388.60 in electricity.