Origin Energy's Virtual Power Plant
Origin Energy have been awarded $4.5 million under the Victorian Government’s Microgrid Demonstration to develop a virtual power plant (VPP). The program allows Origin to remotely connect to small solar battery and draw power from them in times of need.
What’s on offer?
- A discounted 4.8kWh solar battery for $3,695
- 24 month interest-free payment options (equal monthly repayments)
- Everything fully installed, including a compatible inverter
- Be more self-sufficient by storing the solar power you generate
- Guaranteed $300 back in credit in the first year
This program allows us to offer our customers solar battery prices like we’ve never seen before! We also have great solar and battery package deals for customers that haven’t gone solar yet.
5.28kW JA 330W panels with Sungrow Inverter & 4.8kWh Sungrow Battery.
6.6kW JA 330W panels, Sungrow Inverter & 4.8kWh Sungrow Battery.
6.6kW JA 330W panels, Sungrow Inverter & 6.5kWh LG Chem Battery.
What we ask
You will need to be an Origin Electricity customer for the 5-year trial period, and let us access the power in your battery.
How it works
We’ll be able to remotely connect multiple solar batteries, and use the power from them to create an alternative power resource.